Are you in love with the green atmosphere when all trees surround you breathing fresh air? Then, our park is all that you need! Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden Chiang Mai is one of the best parks in Chiang Mai to which we highly recommend you to go. The total area of the park is almost 10 KM 2 and it was created in 1993.
Don’t be surprised; by the number of plant species available in the park types of unique species. All and about, the total number of plants is relatively 100000 which makes it one of the best things to do in Chiang Mai , particularly with your family or friends.
Things to do in Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden Chiang Mai
• Walking around the park is of great benefits to your body, soul, and mind, as well. There are fountains, water ponds, impressive trees, artificial waterfalls, and green spaces.
• All things put specifically for your delight and comfort for the sake of naturally renewing your mood, recharging your energy, and facilitating a peaceful environment in which you re-live again going home with a newly-born person.
• Is there a park on earth without roses? Inside the park itself, there is a whole garden of amazing colorful roses you must see.
• What makes this park marvelous and one of the perfect options to do is that it has something different, something that you cannot find in other spots. Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden has some perennial trees and rare plants, as well as carnivorous plants. Don’t be afraid! They are there to protect you from insects.
• Can you guess the puzzle? A structure with walls and roof made chiefly of transparent material, such as glass, in which plants requiring regulated climatic conditions are grown. What is it? Yes! Greenhouse, gorgeous! The park has particular greenhouses, each of which is for a form of plants like a greenhouse for tropical plants and desert plants. Additionally, there are some fern plants in the park that are one of the most famous house plants. Not only that but also there are some aromatic plants containing aromatic compounds. They are extremely concentrated; hence never miss smelling them!
• You perhaps will be surprised to realize that some plants don’t need a tropical environment to grow. You will get to know this when going to the section having the plants of the hot region as you will see some of them like the outdoor desert plants.
• In contrast to desert plants, in Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden Chiang Mai there are some tropical plants needing a tropical environment to grow. Examples include outdoor tropical plants
• Another beautiful section Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden Chiang Mai provides which is completely different from other plants is the section that has some aquatic plants which are water-loving plants living in pools and some bodies of water.
• The world of plants in Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden Chiang Mai doesn’t end yet! There are more and more exceptional plants that we haven’t mentioned for instance Morning Glory Flower, Cactus, Moth orchids, and Water Lily.
• It is worth noting that inside the park there is a beautiful arboretum that gathers a collection of numerous plants including roses, ornamentals, and small tiny trees which are all ready to be planted.
• You must enjoy the scene the park has and all its twists and flowers around, but one of the most attractive and engaging things is the treetop walkway appearance where you can walk and see all the park details from the above! Oh! Just stunning!
• There are some unique activities that are essential to your body. There are some walking paths through which you can practice walking sport, the main reason for them.
• You will never get dull as a consequence of the plenty of activities Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden provides. Don’t be surprised; the park embraces a museum in which you can enjoy looking at the spectacular exhibits available. One example of the splendid things available is having different dried samples of some plants and this collection always attracts the visitors’ attention.
For adults 100 THB
Opening hours Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden
Every day 08:30 – 16:30
Hotels near Queen Sirikit Garden Chiang Mai
One of the most captivating hotels that we highly recommend is Panviman Chiang Mai Resort, 5 stars hotel, that is 6.79 KM away from the park and its services are highly splendid.
There are some very recommended hotels that we are here to guide you to. Onsen at Moncham Hotel Chiang Mai is one of the best hotels in the area and it is near the park, 8.19 KM away from it. This hotel’s reviews always take 5 stars from previous visitors.