The first avenue that comes to mind when we mention the best things to do in Munich is Munich Stadtmuseum which possesses a rich collection of rare antiquities that are simply a joy to witness making this place one of the most wonderful tourist destinations.
Once inside, guests will have a golden opportunity to discover one of the best museums in Munich where you’ll be able to find an immense collection of exclusive exhibitions that are presented in such a special fashion that will provide you with a memorable experience.
The best activities to do at Munich Stadtmuseum
• Begin your trip at the museum by wandering around its many interesting zones where you’ll have the opportunity to discover plenty of alluring historical exhibitions.
• And Now is the ideal moment to begin discovering the numerous twists and turns of the museum and in this first stop. You’ll have the chance to see a vast collection of rare exhibitions and artifacts that are collected from all over the world and displayed according to age as there are pieces dating back to ancient history.
• And you’ll also have the opportunity to discover the military side of the country in this next part of the museum which contains a collection of unique military galleries that represent the war history through showcasing numerous exhibitions.
• And what makes Munich Stadtmuseum even more fascinating is that it provides you with the opportunity to spend an amusing and informative day in such a perfect location that suits kids and adults alike where you can explore many valuable exhibits that illustrate the history of the country, such as mausoleums.
• Are you a handicraft-related work lover? In this museum, there is a kind of show to some exhibits like clay pots which all reflect the old residents’ lifestyle from a different point of view. Hence, this is a superb opportunity for you to intensely understand the local culture of those residents.
• And after some time of touring Munich City Museum you’ll start to ponder questions of how the old people used to live and you’ll be happy to know you’ll have the possibility to watch a number of exhibits that reflect their local culture and daily life specifics like traditional wear, and visiting this place is considered one of the best cheap things to do in Munich .
Munich Stadtmuseum Entry Fee
For adults 7 EUR
Saturday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Sunday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Tuesday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Wednesday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Thursday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Friday: open 10:00 – 18:00
Attractions near Munich Stadtmuseum
After you finish your trip at Munich City Museum, you might want to pass through some beautiful nearby attractions like Mary Square Munich that’s 1.68 KM away and Victuals Market Munich that’s 574 M away.
Hotels near Munich City Museum
681 M away from the museum, one of the best hotels is Hotel One Sendlinger Munich whose reputation is known to be very good due to the amazing services the hotel provides. Not to mention, the attractive views which the hotel looks at make it one of the top 3-start in Munich.
One of the very encouraged hotels that is near the museum, 1.87 KM away only, is Platzl Hotel Munich. You can stay there and enjoy its suitable locations with no worries. It is known for its nice services and its reviews are notably high – almost always 5 stars.