The first place that comes to mind when we mention things to do in Leeds is Leeds City Museum that opened in 1819 and includes a rich collection of remarkable antiquities that are simply a joy to witness making this place one of the most charming touristic destinations.
Once inside, guests will have a great opportunity to discover one of the best museums in Leeds where you’ll be able to find an immense collection of exclusive exhibitions that are showcased in such a special fashion that will provide you with a memorable journey.
The best activities to do in Leeds City Museum
• Start your tour at the museum by strolling through its different fascinating parts where you’ll have the chance to explore numerous wonderful historical exhibitions.
• While walking among the fascinating exhibits displayed at the Museum, do not forget to take some souvenir pictures inside its rooms to commemorate all the details of your special visit because this museum allows photography in all places.
• The first section of the museum will take you on a charming journey throughout history where you’ll have an amazing opportunity to explore an immense collection of alluring exhibitions and artifacts which are displayed in a chronological order as there are pieces dating back to the prehistoric and BC ages and the ancient history as well as the early and late middle ages.
• Leeds Museum also brings together a number of exhibits from several civilizations, such as the Pharaonic civilization that offers you the chance to watch a collection of mummies.
• And the various interesting exhibits and galleries of Leeds City Museum are not confined to one particular civilization but rather includes a variety of ancient civilizations such as Persian civilization, Greek civilization, Roman civilization and Byzantine civilization.
• And because religion is part and parcel of every history, an exclusive corner at the museum is for religious exhibits. Such exhibits are related to different religions like Christianity through which you can explore and have a religious informative trip.
• Following that, you’ll have an amazing chance to get to know more about the islamic civilization through seeing a number of rare heirlooms that will provide you with lots of informations about the islamic religion where you can find rare copies of the Holy Quran.
• And now, it’s the ideal moment to have a relaxing stroll and get lost in the allure of Leeds City Museum because you’ll have a great opportunity to enjoy seeing a number of beautiful artistic relics such as fine arts, arts artifacts, mosaic, paint art, ancient architecture, islamic art.
• After that, we recommend you to check out the section of the museum that allows you to discover the history of the country through watching many interesting exhibits such as fascinating models of old graves and mausoleums.
• In addition to the fact that Leeds City Museum is a site for preserving history and heritage, it also works on showcasing the history of the country, ancient and modern, through the pieces displayed in it, such as the exhibits that showcas the past and present achievements of the country and the amazing models of old forts and ancient castles.
• And after a while of touring Leeds Museum you’ll begin to ponder questions of how the ancient people used to live and you’ll be delighted to know you’ll have the possibility to see a variety of exhibits that reflect their local history and daily life details like traditional wear, jewelry and old transport carts.
• Are you a handicraft-related work lover? In this museum, there is a kind of show to some exhibits including ceramic artifacts, inscriptions decorations, bronze utensils and clay pots which all reflect the old residents’ lifestyle from a different point of view. Hence, this is a perfect opportunity for you to enormously understand the local culture of those residents.
• Beside all what has been mentioned so far, Leeds City Museum continuously provides its visitors with various exhibits like old maps, sculptures, manuscripts and archaeological excavations which are unique handwritten documents produced by some people in history.
• Now, it is better to go to a part at Leeds Museum where you can see various exceptional exhibits which hardly can be found in any other places like Hellenistic Greek Tomb Door, Hoard of Anglo Saxon Rings and The bronze Statue by Alfred Drury..
• Never feel fearful that you might be bored as there are many satisfying things to do in the museum Not only does this museum show golden various exhibits, but also there are some exciting events organized inside the museum and this kills boredom and makes you enjoy to the extreme extent possible Actually, you will see some collections of permanent exhibitions.
Leeds City Museum offers its visitors with a number of important services and facilities that will make your visit easier and more interesting such as a library, café, gift shop, parking and public toilets.
Saturday : open 11:00 – 17:00
Sunday : open 11:00 – 17:00
Monday : close
Tuesday : open 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday : open 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday : open 10:00 – 17:00
Friday : open 10:00 – 17:00
Attractions near Leeds City Museum
While you are at Leeds City Museum, never miss going to some lovely nearby attractions such asRoyal Armouries Museum Leeds, 3.5 KM away. It is highly recommended.
Hotels near Leeds Museum
DoubleTree Hilton Hotel Leeds is one of the top Leeds hotels which is 1.7 KM away, and one of the most excellent 4-star hotels in Leeds that presents a high level of services and facilities to go along with an ideal spot.
The Queens Hotel Leeds is one of the best hotels in Leeds that’s near the museum with a distance of 5.06 KM which is also known for its ideal location as well as providing great services and it should also be mentioned that this hotel is considered as one of the best 2-star hotels in Leeds and has positive reviews from previous tourists.