Belgrade Zoo opened in 1936 and it is famous for being one of the best parks in Belgrade , which provides fun attractions and activities to its tourists, primarily families, and for this reason, visiting it is one of the best things to do in Belgrade with family.
This park is located on the Danube River and covers a distance of 70000 M 2 and it is considered a suitable destination if you are seeking the best things to do in Belgrade , where you’ll be able to spend a memorable time watching a collection of 800 animals which are divided into 210 different species.
Things to do in Belgrade Zoo
• Now that you’re here, we strongly recommend you start your tour in one of the best parks in Belgrade by having a little walk to discover the various attractions available where you’ll be able to enjoy watching the pleasant green spaces and vast trees.
• Without further ado, let us introduce you to the wide collection of amazing creatures available at Belgrade Zoo starting with the wild animal area where you’ll have a great chance to see up close numerous animals which are mainly found in the wild such as elephants ، deer، giraffe، hippopotamus، kangaroo، bear and zebra.
• It would also be a great idea to spend a little time in the predator’s zone if you’re feeling bold as this place provides you with a unique chance to enjoy watching a collection of fierce animals up close such as tigers ، crocodiles ، wolves and lion.
• For a change of sceneries, this impressive zoo contains a whole section where you’ll have the chance to find some pleasant bird species where you can spend a tranquil time appreciating their beauty and listening to their mesmerizing sounds and you’ll be able to find various birds such as Marabu Roda, White Throated Toucan, Ostrich, and Emu.
• The Belgrade Zoo is honestly a perfect place to visit if you feel like watching all sorts of animals as it is famous for possessing a large collection of creatures and in this next part, you can find various birds of prey such as Owl Cuckoo, Stellers Eagle and Griffon vulture.
• For a change of scenery, we advise you to head over to the area of the zoo where you’ll have the chance to spend an amusing time watching seals swimming around in their pools of water.
• The fun never ends in the Belgrade Zoo because there’s always a new thing to do wherever you turn and now, let us inform you about the amazing aquarium available where you’ll be able to spend a relaxing time watching a number of beautiful aquatic creatures swimming around.
• Let us now shift your focus to the following corner of the zoo which possesses an impressive kids farm that fits the liking of all age groups, children and adults alike as you’ll have the opportunity to discover a variety of friendly animals such as donkey, pony, chicken, goat, and duck, and an aviary that’s full of appealing birds.
• In addition to all of the numerous regular animals available at Belgrade Zoo, you’ll also be able to see rare animals as well such as White Tiger, Mountain Lion, and Polar Bear.
Services and Restaurants
Belgrade Zoo offers its guests a variety of essential services and facilities that will make your day easier such as a Restaurant, gift shop, parking, and Cafe.
Every day 09:00 – 19:00
For adults 550 RSD
For children 350 RSD
Click on the link for more information
Hotels near Belgrade Zoo
Square Nine Hotel Belgrade is one of the best hotels in Belgrade that’s established at a distance of 1.10 KM from the zoo which is renowned for its ideal location as well as presenting outstanding service and for getting high reviews from guests making it one of the best 5-star hotels in Belgrade.
Art Hotel Belgrade is one of the best hotels in Belgrade that you should stay in when exploring the city as it has an ideal location that’s near the zoo at a distance of 1.58 KM, and it’s also known for being one of the best 4-star hotels in Belgrade that offers great services and has positive reviews from previous travellers.